Pages

21.12.10

Alternative processes...

I have been doing some research and I've found something that has me just a little excited!

There has been a long history in photography of experimentation to find the chemicals that will react and produce either a negative or positive image. As a lot of these "alternative" processes require chemicals that include heavy metals they are probably not conducive to a long and healthy life if things go astray. But I've just found a recipe for a negative developer made from instant coffee and washing soda! 

The only problem it mentions is that it will quickly start to smell like old, burnt, wet  coffee dregs but I can cope with that.

I fully expected this blog to progress from pinhole to large format and then to alternative processes but not so soon.

If you want to start without me look here...

No comments: