Pages

16.12.10

New Years Resolution 2011...

Hi and welcome to my new blog.

I have been setting up a studio/gallery in Mirboo North, Victoria, Australia about two hours east of Melbourne for the last few months. Renovating an old bank building has been interesting and challenging but we're close now and should have it open by the middle of January...

I love pinhole images and want to fill the gallery with images taken by my 5x4 inch pinhole camera but I'm also keen on large format, macro and 35mm digital imaging so they will need a place too.

This blog will be dedicated to my journey with the pinhole camera and hopefully become a resource for anyone who is interested in the origins of image capture and the fun, mystery and unpredictability of using a tiny aperture to create images.

My New Years resolution for 2011 is to take at least one pinhole image per week, process the film, scan the negative (or slide or instant film image) and post it here as a record of my progress. On the way I will develop my creative brain and hopefully come up with some wonderful images. I will also be taking digital images in the very picturesque outdoors of South Gippsland and posting them here.

I invite you to come along for the ride, comment, teach me and perhaps learn from me as I go and if you happen to be in the area visit and have a coffee...

I will also be running basic photography courses in Mirboo North and the surrounding areas and these will include making and using pinhole cameras.

Enjoy...

3 comments:

Joanne Beilby said...

Looking forward to seeing all 52 images!

Great initiative Malcolm :-)

Cheers,

JO

Malcolm Garth said...

Thanks Jo,

Will try to keep it interesting, relevant and post lots of samples...

Mal...

Joanne Beilby said...

What! No MCC link?